If you aren't receiving notifications on WhatsApp Web, make sure your notifications are turned on in your browser.
Turn on notifications
- In your browser, click Turn on desktop notifications within the blue banner above your chats list.
- Follow the prompts on the screen.
Note: If you don't see the blue banner, refresh the page. If you still don't see the banner, you might have muted or turned off notifications in your WhatsApp settings.
- In your browser, click the Menu icon, then click Options or Preferences.
- Click Privacy & Security.
- Under Permissions, click Settings… by Notifications.
- If the dropdown by "web.whatsapp.com" is set to Block, change it to Allow.
- Click Save Changes.
Alternatively, click the lock icon by "https://web.whatsapp.com/". If Send Notifications shows as Blocked, click the "x", then refresh the page.