Why am I seeing a validation failure warning?
Code Verify adds an extra layer of security to end-to-end encryption when people use WhatsApp on the web. If you have downloaded the Code Verify web browser extension, you might see a warning that says “Validation Failure”. This might occur for the following reasons:
- You have another extension installed that is interfering with our ability to verify the page.
- The code running your WhatsApp Web page doesn't match the code everyone else is using.
- Something went wrong on our side.
To resolve the issue:
- Try pausing your other extensions, going through the validation process again, and unpausing your other extensions once finished. You might have to reload WhatsApp Web to clear the warning.
- Check to see if it has been publicly addressed on the Engineering at Meta website or Engineering at Meta Twitter page.
- If it has not been addressed as a known issue, log out of WhatsApp Web and use WhatsApp on your mobile device, as your messages on the web might no longer be private. If you want to investigate the issue further, click the red validation failure warning and download the source code.