How to send voice messages
WhatsApp voice messaging allows you to instantly communicate with contacts and groups. You can use it to deliver important and time-sensitive information. As such, all voice messages are downloaded automatically.
Send a voice message
- Open an individual or group chat.
- Click the microphone and start speaking.
- Once finished, click the check mark .
- While recording a voice message, you can click the X icon to cancel it.
On sent voice messages you'll see:
- A gray microphone on voice messages your recipients haven't played.
- A blue microphone on voice messages your recipients played.
How to play voice messages