Sending media, documents, location or contacts
- Open a chat.
- Tap Attach next to the text field.
- Choose what you wish to send:
- Choose Camera to take a new photo or video with your camera. Note: Videos that are recorded using WhatsApp are limited to 16MB.
- Choose Photo & Video Library to select a photo or video from your iPhone's Camera Roll or albums. After selecting your photo or video, you can also tap Add at the bottom left to select multiple photos or videos at once.
- Choose Document to select a document from iCloud Drive or other apps such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, etc. Note: Sending a document is only available for users on iOS 8 and later. The maximum allowed file size is 100 MB.
- Choose Location to send your location or a nearby place.
- Choose Contact to send the information of a contact. By default, all details stored in the phone's address book for the selected contact will be shared. You can tap items on the Share Contacts screen to deselect information that you don't want shared.
- You can also add captions to photos and videos. Switch between photos to add captions to each one.
- Tap Send .
Note: In order to send media, documents, location or contacts, you will need to grant the app permission to access your iPhone's Location Services, Contacts, Photos and Camera in iPhone Settings > Privacy.
Forwarding media, documents, location or contacts
To forward media, documents, location or contacts from one chat to another:
- Open a chat.
- Tap and hold the type of message you wish to forward, then tap Forward.
- Select any other messages you wish to forward, then tap Forward on the bottom left of your screen.
- Choose the chat you wish to forward the message to then tap Forward.
When you forward media, documents, locations or contacts, you don't have to upload it again, and therefore it will send faster and use less data. Any forwarded messages that weren't originally sent by you will be displayed with the "Forwarded" label.
Note: Captions won't be forwarded along with media.
Learn how to send media, documents, location or contacts on: Android | Windows Phone | Nokia S40