By default, WhatsApp sets your privacy settings to allow any WhatsApp user to see your read receipts, last seen, profile photo and about.
To change your privacy settings:
- Press Options > Settings > Account.
- From here, you can choose who can see your Last seen, Profile photo and About. You can also turn off Read receipts and view who you've Blocked.
- If you don't share your last seen, you won't be able to see other people's last seen.
- There's no way to turn off when you're online or typing.
- If you turn off read receipts, you won't be able to see read receipts from other people. Read receipts are always sent for groups.