Creating a group
To create a group:
- Go to the Chats tab in WhatsApp.
- Tap New Chat > New Group.
- Note: If you have an existing chat on the Chats tab, simply tap New Group.
- Search for or select contacts to add to the group. Then tap Next.
- Type in a group subject. This will be the name of the group that all participants will see.
- The subject limit is 25 characters.
- Optionally, add a group icon by tapping the Camera icon, where you can Take Photo, Choose Photo or Search Web for an image. Once set, the icon will appear next to the group in the Chats tab.
- Tap Create when you're finished.
Deleting a group
After you exit a group, you have the option to delete the group. When you delete the group, you'll no longer see the group in your Chats tab and the chat history will be erased. To delete a group after exiting a group:
- Go to the group in WhatsApp, then tap the subject of the group.
- Alternatively, swipe the group to the left in the Chats tab. Then tap More.
- Tap Delete Group > Delete Group.