Creating a group
To create a group:
- Go to the Chats tab in WhatsApp.
- Tap New Chat > New Group.
- Note: If you have an existing chat on the Chats tab, simply tap New Group.
- Search for or select contacts to add to the group. Then tap Next.
- Type in a group subject. This will be the name of the group that all participants will see.
- The subject limit is 25 characters.
- Optionally, add a group icon by tapping the Camera icon, where you can Take Photo, Choose Photo or Search Web for an image. Once set, the icon will appear next to the group in the Chats tab.
- Tap Create when you're finished.
Inviting into groups via links
If you're the group admin, you can invite people to join a group simply by sharing a link with them. To share a group invite link:
- Go to the group in WhatsApp, then tap the subject of the group.
- Alternatively, swipe the group to the left in the Chats tab. Then tap More > Group Info.
- Tap Invite to Group via Link.
- Choose to Share Link, Copy Link or have the people you're inviting scan a QR Code.
- iPhone recipients of the QR code can scan the code using their phones' cameras. Android recipients can scan the code using a third-party QR code reader.
- The admin can Revoke Link at any time to make the previous invite link invalid and create a new link.
Note: Any WhatsApp user you share an invite link with can join the group, so only use this feature with trusted individuals. It's possible for someone to forward the link to other people. If so, those other people can also join the group and the group admin won't be asked to approve those other people before they join.
Learn how to create and invite into groups on: Android | Windows Phone | WhatsApp Web