You can delete your account from within WhatsApp. Deleting your account is an irreversible process, which we can't revert even if you perform it by accident.
To delete your account
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap More options > Settings > Account > Delete my account.
- Enter your phone number in full international format and tap DELETE MY ACCOUNT.
- Select a reason for why you're deleting your account in the dropdown.
- Tap DELETE MY ACCOUNT.
Deleting your account will
- Delete your account from WhatsApp.
- Erase your message history.
- Delete you from all of your WhatsApp groups.
- Delete your Google Drive backup.
If you delete your account:
- You can't regain access to your account.
- It may take up to 90 days from the beginning of the deletion process to delete your WhatsApp information. Copies of your information may also remain after the 90 days in the backup storage that we use to recover in the event of a disaster, software error, or other data loss event. Your information isn't available to you on WhatsApp during this time.
- It doesn't affect the information other users have relating to you, such as their copy of the messages you sent them.
Learn how to delete your account on: iPhone | Windows Phone