When you're busy, out of the office or away from your phone, you can set away messages. These are automatically sent to all or some of your contacts when they message your business. You can also schedule an away message to turn on during certain times, for example, during the hours that your business is closed.
To set away messages:
- Go to Settings > Business Tools > Away Message.
- Turn on Send away message.
- Under MESSAGE, tap the message to edit it and then tap Save.
Under Schedule, tap and choose among:
- Always send to send the automated message at all times.
- Custom schedule to send the automated message only during the specified times.
- Outside of business hours to send the automated message only outside of business hours. This option is only available if you have set your business hours in your business profile. Learn how in this article.
Under Recipients, tap and choose among:
- Everyone to send the automated message to anyone who messages you while you have the Away Message feature turned on.
- Exclude my contacts to send the automated message to senders who aren't in your address book.
- Everyone except... to send the automated message to all senders except those you select.
- Only send to... to send the automated message to selected contacts.
Note: Away messages are only sent when your phone has an active Internet connection.