How to edit your default message for WhatsApp Business QR code
By scanning your QR code, your customers are given the option of sending your business a default message to start a conversation. As a business owner, you can determine the content of this default message.
Business Tip: Using value-driven default messages like “I want to learn about upcoming sales” or “Please add me to your newsletter” can encourage customers to send the default message and help you form relationships with your customers.
Edit your default message
- Open the WhatsApp Business app.
- Tap Settings > Business Tools > Short Link.
- Enter the default message you’d like to use.
- Note: The character limit for the default message is 140 characters.
- Tap SAVE to save your changes.
Note: Your customers will be able to edit the default message before sending it to you.