About short links
If you’re using the WhatsApp Business app, you can share a short link with your customers that they can use to start a chat with you.
If a customer opens the short link on a device with WhatsApp installed, it opens a chat between the two of you. If they open the short link on a web browser, they will be sent to a web page with your business information and your default message if one’s been assigned. From there, they can click CONTINUE TO CHAT to open a chat with you on WhatsApp web or desktop.
Note: If you’ve selected to share your profile picture with Everyone in your privacy settings, your profile picture will appear on the web page as well. Learn how to change your privacy settings in this article.
Creating a short link
A short link for your business is automatically generated when you create an account on the WhatsApp Business app. To access this short link:
- Go to WhatsApp Business > Settings > Business Tools.
- Tap Short Link. The short link will be displayed under your business name.
Once you’ve accessed your short link, you can:
- Tap Copy Link if you wish to copy the short link and paste it somewhere else on your website or other Facebook pages.
- Tap Share Link if you wish to directly send this link over to your customers. Anyone who has access to the link will be able to message you.
- Create a default message - You can also set a custom message that customers can send you when they open the short link. Note: Your customers will be able to edit the default message.
About short link on Android