About updates to WhatsApp’s Business Terms
To offer our business services globally, we make routine updates to keep up-to-date with regulatory requirements around the world.
Our updated terms of service will apply to new businesses signing up for WhatsApp Business App or Business API services on or after September 27, 2021. We’ll work to apply the updated terms to existing businesses in 2022 and will provide appropriate notice then.
- These changes allow us to keep up-to-date with regulatory requirements in the European Union and globally, including:
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as related to the Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) for data transfers
- Europe Electronic Communication Code (EECC)
- European Union ePrivacy and Platform-to-Business regulations
- We’re providing clarity to businesses around the world about how we process their data when using WhatsApp Business Services.
- We’re clarifying how businesses may continue to work with service providers that engage with WhatsApp Business Services.
What’s staying the same
- These updates won’t change the WhatsApp Business features available today.
- These updates don't expand our ability to share data with Facebook.
- These updates apply to WhatsApp business users only and don’t change the consumer app experience or personal use.