When you're busy or out of the office, you can set away messages to automatically send messages to all of your contacts or certain ones. You can also schedule an away message to turn on automatically during certain times, for example, during the hours that your business is closed.
To set away messages:
- Tap More options > Business tools > Away message.
- Turn on Send away message.
- Tap the message to edit it > OK.
- Under Schedule, tap and choose among:
- Always send to send the automated message at all times.
- Custom schedule to send the automated message only during specific times.
- Outside of business hours to send the automated message only outside of business hours. This option is only available if you have set your business hours in your business profile. Learn how in this article.
- Under Recipients, tap and choose between:
- Everyone to send the automated message to anyone who messages you after business hours.
- Everyone not in address book to send the automated message to numbers that aren't in your address book.
- Everyone except... to send the automated message to all numbers except a select few.
- Only send to... to send the automated message to select recipients.
- Tap Save.
Note: Away messages are only sent when your phone has an active Internet connection.