How to edit your default message for WhatsApp Business QR code
By scanning your QR code, your customers are given the option of sending your business a default message to start a conversation. As a business owner, you can determine the content of this default message.
Business Tip: Using value-driven default messages like “I want to learn about upcoming sales” or “Please add me to your newsletter” can encourage customers to send the default message and help you form relationships with your customers.
Edit your default message
- Open the WhatsApp Business app.
- Tap More options > Business tools > Short link.
- Tap View QR Code.
- Tap More options > Edit.
- Turn on Message.
- Tap Edit under Message to edit the default message.
- Note: The character limit for the default message is 140 characters.
- Tap OK to save your changes.
Note: Your customers will be able to edit the default message before sending it to you.