How to apply to the WhatsApp business directory
The WhatsApp business directory is currently open to a selection of businesses in central São Paulo that sell goods and some local services, including food, retail, and education. Over time, we expect to open the directory to more categories, and more geographies, as well as businesses using the WhatsApp Business App on iOS and the WhatsApp Business API.
Note: This feature may not be available to you yet
To be eligible for the WhatsApp business directory, a business must:
- Download the most recent version of the WhatsApp Business app
- Provide the following information in your business profile:
- Business Name (note: Personal names will not be approved)
- Profile Picture with the privacy settings set to “everyone”
- Business Hours
- Have the CNPJ number for your business
- Note: The CNPJ is considered a business’s license to operate in São Paulo. The 14-digit tax number will be used to ensure the business is legitimate, and will not be visible to consumers. WhatsApp stores the CNPJ while a business is part of the directory. At any stage, a business can remove themselves from the directory, or the application process, which will also delete their CNPJ from our system.
We have partnered with a third party research agency so that we can improve the directory for all users. Our research partners may contact included businesses to ask for your feedback, if you would prefer not to take part, please let the researchers know when contacted.
Apply to the WhatApp business directory
Eligible businesses must still apply to be included in the business directory. If your business is eligible, you can find the business directory in the Business tools menu.
- From the Chats screen, tap More options > Business tools > Business directory.
- Tap GET STARTED > NEXT.
- Review your business profile and add any missing information. Then, tap NEXT.
- Enter a valid CNPJ for your business. Then, tap SUBMIT > OK.
Once your application has been reviewed, you’ll receive a notification with the status of your application. To withdraw your application, go to the Chats screen and tap More options > Business tools > Business directory > More options > Withdraw application.
If you make any changes to your business profile after being approved for the business directory, you’ll need to reapply and go through review again. To reapply, go to the Chats screen and tap More options > Business tools > Business directory > SUBMIT PROFILE