If you aren't able to send or receive messages on WhatsApp, you might not be connected to the Internet. To troubleshoot:
- See if there's a clock icon next to your messages instead of a check mark. If there is, it means your messages aren't getting delivered.
- Check the network signal on your phone and see if it's constantly blinking or empty.
Most connection problems can be resolved by doing the following:
- Restart your phone, or turn it off and on.
- Check if other apps are working. If they aren't, try a different Internet connection.
- Update WhatsApp to the latest version available on your phone's application store.
- Contact your mobile provider.
Note: The video below is only applicable to WhatsApp users that have a JioPhone or JioPhone 2.