If you are experiencing issues when downloading or updating WhatsApp from the Google Play Store, it is probably due to one of the following reasons:
If your case is not listed above, please check the Google Play Help Center for specific troubleshooting steps.
For error codes: 413, 481, 491, 492, 921, 927 and 941
- Remove your Google Account by opening your phone's Settings app > Accounts > Google > and selecting your account.
- Tap the Menu Button and select Remove account.
- Restart your phone, or turn it off and on, and navigate back to Accounts to add your Google Account back.
- Clear the cache stored in your Google Play Store app by opening your phone's Settings app > Applications > Google Play Store > Storage > Clear Cache and also Clear Data.
- Try downloading WhatsApp again.
For error codes: 101, 498 and 919
Please follow the instructions in the section "There is insufficient space on the device" below and try installing WhatsApp again.
For error codes: 403, 495, 504, 911, 920, 923, RPC errors, invalid package file, installation or download unsuccessful errors
- Follow the instructions in the section "There is insufficient space on the device" to make sure you have enough space on your device.
- Follow this link to download WhatsApp as an APK file.
- Tap Download Now.
- Note: You will need to enable Unknown sources in your phone's Settings app > Security > Unknown Sources in order to do this.
- Open the file to initiate the installation.
There is insufficient space on the device
If you are unable to install WhatsApp due to insufficient space on your phone, you may try to clear Google Play Store's cache and data:
- Open your phone's Settings app > Applications > Google Play Store > Storage > Clear Cache and also Clear Data.
- Reboot your phone, then try installing WhatsApp again.
If you are still unable to install WhatsApp, here are some tips on how to create free space on your phone:
- Clear cached data by opening your phone's Settings app > Storage > Cached data
- Move data and apps to your external SD card
- Delete old data and apps you are no longer using
- Look into these hidden WhatsApp folders (you can only access these folders with a file manager):
- The folder for videos is located in:
- The folder for images is located in:
- The folder for Voice Messages is located in:
/WhatsApp/Media/WhatsApp Voice Notes.
We cannot say exactly how much free space is needed, but Google recommends a minimum of 1 GB of free space when installing or updating apps.
Note: If you delete your WhatsApp photos, voice messages, or videos, you can not see or listen to them anymore.
This app is incompatible with your Android Device
If you are seeing the error message: "This app is incompatible with your Android Device", please go to this FAQ article for more information.
This item isn’t available in your country
If you see a "Not available in your country" error, or if the Google Play Help Center troubleshooting tips did not help, you will have to download and update WhatsApp from our website. You will have to turn on Unknown sources inside Security in your phone settings. We recommend that you turn this back off once you have downloaded and updated WhatsApp from our website.
WhatsApp Support Team