You can delete your account from within WhatsApp. Deleting your account is an irreversible process, which we can't revert even if you perform it by accident.
To delete your account
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap More options > Settings > Account > Delete my account.
- Enter your phone number in full international format and tap DELETE MY ACCOUNT.
- Select a reason for why you're deleting your account in the dropdown.
- Tap DELETE MY ACCOUNT.
Deleting your account will
- Delete your account from WhatsApp.
- Erase your message history.
- Delete you from all of your WhatsApp groups.
- Delete your Google Drive backup.
If you delete your account:
- You can't regain access to your account.
- It may take up to 90 days to delete data stored in backup systems. Your information isn't accessible on WhatsApp during this time.
- It doesn't affect the information other users have relating to you, such as their copy of the messages you sent them.
- Copies of some material (e.g., log records) may remain in our database but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Your personal information shared with the other Facebook Companies will also be deleted.
Learn how to delete your account on: iPhone | Windows Phone