How to make a voice call
Voice calling lets you call your contacts using WhatsApp for free, even if they’re in another country. Voice calling uses your phone’s internet connection rather than your mobile plan’s minutes. Data charges may apply.
WhatsApp calling is supported on KaiOS phone’s running KaiOS:
- 184.108.40.206 and newer
- 220.127.116.11 and newer
- 2.5.3 and newer
Make a voice call
Make a call from the Chats tab
- On the Chats tab, select the contact you want to call.
- Press Options > Voice call.
During the call, you can mute or unmute your microphone by pressing Mute. To end a call, press End.
Make a call from the Calls tab
- On the Calls tab, press New Call.
- Select the contact you want to voice call.
- Press CALL.
Answer a call
If you receive an incoming WhatsApp voice call you can:
- Accept to accept the call.
- Decline to decline the call.