If you aren't able to send or receive messages on WhatsApp, you might not be connected to the Internet. To troubleshoot:
- See if there's a clock icon next to your messages instead of a check mark. If there is, it means your messages aren't getting delivered.
- Check the network signal on your phone and see if it's constantly blinking or empty.
It might not be necessary to delete and reinstall WhatsApp. Most connection problems can be resolved by doing the following:
- Restart your phone, by turning it off and back on.
- Check if other apps are working. If they aren't, try a different Internet connection.
- Update WhatsApp to the latest version available on your phone's application store.
- Contact your mobile provider.
Note: The video below is only applicable to WhatsApp users that have a JioPhone or JioPhone 2.