How to check read receipts
Check marks are displayed next to each message you send. Here’s what each one indicates:
- The message was successfully sent.
- The message was successfully delivered to the recipient's phone.
- The recipient has read your message.
In a group chat, the second check mark will appear when all participants in the group have received your message. Two blue check marks will appear when all participants in the group have read your message.
For any message that you send, you’ll be able to see a message info screen, displaying the details of when your message was delivered, read, or played by the recipient. When a participant leaves a group, the message info screen will still show the original information with all participants, including the participant who left the group.
To see the message info screen:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Select an individual or group chat > OPEN.
- Select the message > Options > Message info > OK.
The Message Info screen shows:
- Your message was sent to the recipient’s phone.
- Your message has been delivered to your recipient's phone, but the recipient hasn’t seen it.
- The recipient has read your message or seen your picture, audio file, or video.
- The recipient has played your voice message.
Missing read receipts
If you don't see two blue check marks, a blue microphone, or an “Opened” label next to your sent message or voice message:
- You or your recipient might have disabled read receipts in privacy settings.
- The recipient might have blocked you.
- The recipient's phone might be off.
- The recipient might not have opened your conversation.
- You or the recipient might be experiencing connection issues.
Turn off read receipts
You can disable read receipts for individual chats. This won't disable the read receipts for group chats or play receipts for voice messages. There's no way to turn those settings off.
- Open WhatsApp > press Options.
- Select > Settings > press OK.
- Select Account > Privacy.
- Press Open.
- Select Read receipts.
- Press DISABLE.