Notification settings include sounds for incoming individual and Group Chats, in-app notifications, banners and message previews.
To customize your notification settings:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap More > settings > notifications.
- Here you have the option to:
- Turn notifications On and Off for groups and individual chats.
- Choose a notification sound from the available sounds in the list. Note: Custom ringtones are not available.
- Choose if you want to see notifications of incoming messages while you are using the app.
- Turn vibrations on/off.
- Choose if you want to see incoming message content displayed in the notification banner. Note: This option is not available for Windows Phone 7.
- You may also configure notifications for individual and Group Chats:
- Open a chat and tap More > group info or info > custom notifications or mute.
Windows Phone 8.1 users only
In Windows Phone Settings > system > notifications+actions > WhatsApp you have the option to:
- Turn off all notification sounds for incoming WhatsApp messages:
- Select none from the drop down menu in Notification sound.
- Show notification banners that appear in the top section of the screen (select or deselect the box).
- The notification sound settings are available only for Windows Phone 8 Update 3 (GDR 3) and newer versions of the operating system.
- The notification sound you choose will only work when the app is running in the background.
- To fully activate your notification sound settings, please make sure your phone's notifications are not set to silent or vibrate only.
WhatsApp Support Team