How to send media, contacts or location
To send media, contacts or location:
- Open an individual chat or group.
- Press More.
- Choose what you want to send:
- Press Send picture to take a photo with your Camera or choose a photo from your Gallery. You can also add a caption to your photo.
- Press Send video to take a video with your Camera or choose a Video from your phone. You can also add a caption to your video.
- Press Send audio to send an existing audio file from your phone. Please understand this feature isn't currently available if you have a JioPhone or JioPhone 2.
- Press Send contacts to send the information of contacts saved in your phone's address book.
- Press Send location to send your location or a nearby place.
- Press Send.
- If you want to save media you receive in WhatsApp, press Options > Settings > Chats > Show media in Gallery. Photos and videos will be saved to your phone's Gallery and Video. Please understand this feature isn't currently available if you have a JioPhone or JioPhone 2.
- The maximum file size allowed for all photos or videos to be sent or forwarded through WhatsApp is 8 MB. For audio files, the maximum file size allowed is 5 MB.