Creating a group
To create a group:
- Go to the CHATS tab in WhatsApp.
- Tap Menu > New group.
- Alternatively, tap New chat > New group.
- Search for or select contacts to add to the group. Then tap the green arrow.
- Type in a group subject. This will be the name of the group that all participants will see.
- The subject limit is 25 characters.
- You can add emoji to your subject by tapping Emoji .
- Optionally, add a group icon by tapping the Camera icon, where you can choose to use your Camera, Gallery or Search Web for an image. Once set, the icon will appear next to the group in the CHATS tab.
- Tap the green check mark when you're finished.
Deleting a group
After you exit a group, you have the option to delete the group. When you delete the group, you'll no longer see the group in your CHATS tab and the chat history will be erased. To delete a group after exiting a group:
- Go to the group in WhatsApp, then tap the subject of the group.
- Alternatively, tap and hold the group in the CHATS tab.
- Tap Delete group > DELETE.
- If you don't want to delete the group media from your phone, make sure Delete media from my phone is unchecked.