How to use status
Status allows you to share text, photo, video, and GIF updates that disappear after 24 hours, and that is also end-to-end encrypted. In order to send and receive status updates to and from your contacts, you and your contacts must have each other's phone numbers saved in your phones’ address books.
Create and send a status update
- Open WhatsApp > tap Status.
- Camera or My Status to take a photo, record a video, or GIF or choose an existing photo, video, or GIF from the picker. You can also add a caption or make edits to the photo, video or GIF, which you can learn how to do in this article.
- Text to compose a written status update. You can tap T to pick a font or Color to pick a background color.
- Tap Send.
Alternatively, you can create and send a picture, video or GIF status update by tapping Camera.
Note: WhatsApp supports 3GP and mpeg4 video formats.
View or reply to a status update
- To view contact's status update, tap Status, then the contact's status update.
- To reply to a contact's status update, tap Replywhile viewing.