How to play voice messages
Voice messages received on WhatsApp are downloaded automatically.
On received voice messages you'll see:
- A green microphone on voice messages you haven't played.
- A blue microphone on voice messages you've already played.
Play a voice message
- Tap Play to listen to voice messages you've sent or received.
- Listen to the message.
- Through your phone’s ear speaker: Hold the phone up to your ear to play the message through your phone’s speakers.
- On speakerphone: Hold the phone away from your head to play the message on speakerphone.
- Through your headphones: Voice messages will play through your headphones when they’re connected.
- When you play a voice message and leave the chat, a mini player will appear at the top of your screen.
- You can pause, play, and close the voice message, or navigate back to the original chat.
How to send voice messages