How to edit photos and videos
WhatsApp allows you to personalize your photos and videos by adding stickers, emoji, text, freehanded drawings, and filters.
Note: These features are only available on iOS 10 or newer.
Edit photos and videos
- Tap Attach next to the text field.
- Take a new photo or video or choose an existing photo or video from your Camera Roll.
- Start editing your photo or video.
Add emoji or stickers
- Tap the Emoji > Sticker or Emoji
- Tap the item that you’d like to use.
- To move the item, tap and hold it, then drag it.
- To resize the item, pinch in or out to make it smaller or larger.
- To rotate the item, pinch and turn it.
- Tap Text at the top of the screen.
- Type the desired text in the text field.
- To select a color, slide your finger up and down the color selector.
- To select a font type, tap Text. Lift your finger to confirm a font type.
- To resize the text, pinch in or out to make it smaller or larger.
- To rotate the text, pinch and turn the text.
- Tap Draw.
- Use your finger to make freehanded drawings.
- To select a color, slide your finger up and down the color selector. You can select the color for each line that you draw.
- Swipe up on the photo or video.
- Select a filter.
Delete edits and send
To delete stickers, emoji, or text, drag them to the top of the screen towards the trash can and release. To delete drawings, tap Undo.
Once you’ve finished editing media, tap Send.
How to send media on iPhone