WhatsApp is available in over 40 languages (up to 60 on Android). As a general rule, WhatsApp follows the language of your phone. If you change the language of your phone to Spanish, WhatsApp will automatically be in Spanish.
To change your phone's language, please follow these steps:
- On Android: Go to your phone's Settings app > Languages & input > Languages > tap and hold a language to position it at the top, or tap Add a language.
- On iPhone: Go to your phone's Settings app > General > Language & Region > iPhone Language > tap on a language > Done.
- On Windows Phone: Go to your phone's Settings app > Time & language > Language > tap and hold a language to move it up until it's positioned at the top, or tap Add languages.
Additional options available in supported countries
If you're using an Android phone, you might have the option to change WhatsApp's language from within the app. To do so:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap the Menu Button > Settings > Chats > App Language.
- Choose the desired language from the pop-up.
Note: If you don't see this option, it might not be supported in your country.