When you tap the banner to review the updates, we’ve added a screen that addresses feedback that we were hearing from users about wanting to know more about how we protect their privacy.
We’re reminding users that:
- Personal messages are end-to-end encrypted and this will never change. WhatsApp and Facebook can’t see the content of your messages.
- Messaging with a business is completely optional. It’s up to you whether or not you want to share your phone number with businesses.
- We’ve provided a link to a webpage that explains more about what’s changing and what’s not changing in the update.
We’ve simplified the acceptance screen:
- Due to the number of questions about messaging businesses, we’ve moved up the description, which makes it easier to find.
- We’ve included some examples of new products and services that are offered by WhatsApp and Facebook.
- We’ve extended the effective date to May 15th, to give you enough time to review the updates at your own pace and convenience.