To call a WhatsApp contact on Portal, you must have WhatsApp open or running in the background on your mobile phone.
Make a call
- On your Portal, tap or select All Contacts or Contacts > WhatsApp.
- You need to make at least one call for All Contacts to appear. Furthermore, All Contacts is unavailable on Portal TV.
- Find, then tap or select the contact you want to call.
- Tap or select:
- Audio if you want to make a voice call
- Video if you want to make a video call
Answer a call
- Tap or select Answer to accept the call.
- Tap or select Not Now to decline the call.
- If you want to make a group call, tap or select during the call. Find, then tap or select another contact you want to add. Tap or select Call. A total of four participants can be on a group call. However, if a call is started from WhatsApp on an Android phone or iPhone, you can have a total of eight participants, including yourself.
- If you want to hide a contact, tap or select All Contacts or Contacts > WhatsApp > the contact you want to hide > > Hide Contact > Hide.
- If you want to unhide a contact you’ve hidden, tap or select Settings > Privacy > Hidden WhatsApp Contacts. Open WhatsApp on your phone or WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Desktop on your computer. Then open the individual chat with "Portal from Facebook" to view the confirmation code that was sent. On your Portal, enter the confirmation code, then tap or select Done > Unhide next to the contact you want to unhide.
- If you want to hide a suggested or recent contact from Home on your Portal, you can press and hold the contact you want to hide, then tap or select . Currently, there’s no option to unhide a suggested or recent contact.
- Hiding a contact only hides the contact on your Portal and isn’t the same as blocking a contact on WhatsApp. Hidden contacts won’t be able to call your Portal and you won’t be able to call them.