Add your account
- On your Portal, tap or select Settings > Accounts > your name > Connect WhatsApp. You’ll see a code you’ll need to use to log in to Facebook.
- Open facebook.com/device on your phone or computer browser. If you’re using your:
- Phone: Tap ENTER CODE. Enter the code, then tap CONTINUE > Confirm.
- Computer: Enter the code, then click Continue > Confirm.
- On your Portal, check By checking, you agree to receive messages on WhatsApp.
- Tap or select Continue > Next.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
Use your phone to scan the QR code on your Portal.On your Portal, tap or select Done.
- Android: Tap More options > WhatsApp Web > LINK A DEVICE. Follow the on-screen instructions if your device has biometric authentication.
- iPhone: Go to WhatsApp Settings > tap WhatsApp Web/Desktop > Link a Device > OK. On iOS 14 and above, use Touch ID or Face ID to unlock.
Note: The authentication is handled by your device’s operating system using the biometrics stored there. WhatsApp can’t access the biometric information stored by your device's operating system.
Remove your account
- On your Portal, tap or select Settings > Accounts > your name > WhatsApp > Remove Account.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone or WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Desktop on your computer.
- Open the individual chat with "Portal from Facebook" to view the confirmation code that was sent.
- On your Portal, enter the confirmation code, then tap or select Done > Remove.