How to register for the WhatsApp Business app
- You can only register a mobile phone or a landline (fixed) number that you own.
- You must be able to receive phone calls or SMS with the phone number you're trying to register.
- You must have all call-blocking settings, apps, and task-killers disabled.
- If you're registering through your mobile phone, you must have a working internet connection through mobile data or Wi-Fi. If you're roaming or have a bad connection, registration may not work. Try opening https://www.whatsapp.com/business/ on your mobile phone’s internet browser to see if you're connected to the internet.
- If you're registering through a landline, tap Call me to request a phone call to receive your registration code.
How to register
- Enter your phone number:
- Choose your country from the drop-down list. This will automatically fill in your country code in the box on the left.
- Enter your phone number in the box on the right. Don't put a 0 before your phone number.
- Tap Done to receive a registration code. If prompted, you can also tap Call me to receive the code through a phone call.
Enter the 6-digit registration code you receive via SMS or phone call.
- Note: If you have iCloud Keychain enabled and have registered this number before, you may be automatically registered without receiving a new SMS code.
Using extension numbers for landline
Landline extension numbers can't be used to complete the registration process. Please use a landline number without an extension to register your phone number. For security purposes, we can only send the six-digit registration code to the landline number that you intend to use for your business account.
If you don't receive the six-digit code through SMS
- Wait for the progress bar to finish and retry. The wait time may take up to 10 minutes.
- Don't guess the code or you'll be locked out for a period of time.
If the timer runs out before you receive the registration code, an option will appear to request a phone call. Choose the Call me option to request the call. When you answer the call, an automated voice will tell you the six-digit registration code. Enter this code into the WhatsApp Business app.
- Note: Depending on your carrier, you may receive charges for SMS and phone calls.
If you're having issues registering, try the following:
- Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds, and turn it back on.
- Delete and reinstall the latest version of WhatsApp Business here.
Check your reception by sending a test SMS message from any mobile phone to the mobile phone number you're trying to register. Enter the mobile phone number exactly as you entered it in the WhatsApp Business app, including the country code.
- Note: We can't send your registration code through other methods due to security reasons.