How to change your privacy settings
By default, WhatsApp sets your privacy settings to allow:
- Any user to see your last seen, profile photo, about information, and read receipts
- Your contacts to see your status updates
- Any users to add you to groups
Change privacy settings
- Android: Tap More options > Settings > Account > Privacy.
- iPhone: Tap Settings > Account > Privacy.
- KaiOS: Press Options > Settings > Account > Privacy.
- Desktop: Tap Menu > Settings > Privacy.
You can change who can:
- See your Last Seen
- See your Profile Photo
- See your About information
- See your Status updates
- See Read Receipts
- Add you to Groups
- If you don't share your last seen, you won't be able to see other users’ last seen.
- If you turn off read receipts, you won't be able to see read receipts from other users. Read receipts are always sent for group chats.
- If a contact has turned off read receipts, you won’t be able to see if they’ve viewed your status updates.
- There’s no way to change who can see when you’re online or typing....