About multi-device beta
- You can use WhatsApp on up to four companion devices at one time, but can only have one phone connected to your WhatsApp account at one time.
- You’ll still need to register your WhatsApp account and link new devices with your phone.
- If you don’t use your phone for over 14 days, your linked devices will become disconnected.
The multi-device beta is currently available to people using the latest version of WhatsApp or the WhatsApp Business app on Android and iPhone.
Learn how to join the multi-device beta in this article.
These features aren't currently supported:
- Clearing or deleting chats on companion devices if your primary device is an iPhone.
- Messaging or calling someone who is using a very old version of WhatsApp on their phone.
- Using tablets.
- Viewing live location on companion devices.
- Creating and viewing a broadcast list on companion devices.
- Calling between Portals that have joined the Multi-Device Beta and Portals that haven't joined.
- Sending messages with link previews from WhatsApp Web.