About multi-device beta
- You can use WhatsApp on up to four companion devices at one time, but can only have one phone connected to your WhatsApp account at one time.
- You’ll still need to register your WhatsApp account and link new devices with your phone.
- If you don’t use your phone for over 14 days, your linked devices will become disconnected.
The multi-device beta is currently available to eligible:
- WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business app beta users using the latest version of WhatsApp beta on Android and iPhone.
- WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business app users in limited countries. The multi-device beta will be rolling out worldwide.
Learn how to join the multi-device beta in this article.
These features aren't currently supported in this version of multi-device beta:
- Viewing live location on companion devices.
- Pinning chats on WhatsApp Web or Desktop.
- Joining, viewing, and resetting group invites from WhatsApp Web and Desktop. You’ll need to use your phone instead.
- Messaging or calling someone who is using a very old version of WhatsApp on their phone won't work from your linked device.
- Calling from Portal or WhatsApp Desktop to linked devices that aren’t enrolled in the multi-device beta.
- Other WhatsApp accounts on your Portal won't work unless those accounts have joined the multi-device beta.
- WhatsApp Business users can’t edit their business name or labels from WhatsApp Web or Desktop.