About linked devices
Use WhatsApp on Web, Desktop, and other devices by linking them to your phone. You can use up to four linked devices and one phone at a time.
Your personal messages, media, and calls are end-to-end encrypted. Each linked device connects to WhatsApp independently while maintaining the same level of privacy and security through end-to-end encryption that people who use WhatsApp have come to expect.
- Your phone doesn’t need to stay online to use WhatsApp on linked devices, but your linked devices will be logged out if you don’t use your phone for over 14 days.
- You need your phone to register your WhatsApp account and link new devices.
These features aren't currently supported:
- Clearing or deleting chats on linked devices if your primary device is an iPhone.
- Messaging or calling someone who is using a very old version of WhatsApp on their phone.
- Viewing live location on linked devices.
- Creating and viewing broadcast lists on linked devices.
- Sending messages with link previews from WhatsApp Web.