- Open your phone's address book.
- When adding the contact's phone number, start by entering a plus sign (+).
- Enter the country code, followed by the full phone number.
- Note: A country code is a numerical prefix that must be entered before the full national phone number to make a call to another country. You can search online to find the country code you need.
For example, if a contact in the United States (country code "1") has the area code "408" and phone number "XXX-XXXX", you'd enter +1 408 XXX XXXX.
- Make sure to remove any leading 0s or special calling codes.
- If you meant to add a local (in country) phone number to your phone's address book, enter the number as if you were calling your contact on the phone.
- All phone numbers in Argentina (country code "54") should have a "9" between the country code and area code. The prefix "15" must be removed so the final number will have 13 digits total: +54 9 XXX XXX XXXX
- Phone numbers in Mexico (country code "52") need to have "1" after "+52", even if they're Nextel numbers.