How to migrate your WhatsApp data from iPhone to a Samsung phone
If you're moving from an iPhone to a Samsung Android device, you can transfer your account information, profile photo, individual chats, group chats, chat history, media and settings. You can’t transfer your call history or display name.
What do I need?
- Samsung SmartSwitch app version 22.214.171.124 or greater installed on your new device
- WhatsApp iOS version 126.96.36.199 or greater on your old device
- WhatsApp Android version 188.8.131.52 or greater on your new device
- USB-C to Lightning cable (or equivalent adapters)
- Use the same phone number on the new device as the old device.
- Your new Android device must be factory new or reset to factory settings.
How to migrate from iPhone to Samsung
- Turn on your Samsung and connect by cable to your iPhone when prompted.
- Follow the Samsung Smart Switch experience.
- When prompted, scan the QR code displayed on the new device using the iPhone’s camera.
- Tap Start on your iPhone, and wait for the process to complete.
- Continue setting up your new Samsung.
- When you reach the home screen, open WhatsApp and log in using the same phone number used on your old device.
- Tap Import when prompted, and allow the process to complete.
- Finish activating your new device and you’ll see your chats waiting for you.
Note: Your old device will still have your data unless you wipe it or delete WhatsApp.
What happens to my data?
Transferring your data locally by cable means:
- Transferred data doesn't go to cloud storage as a result of the migration (though you may have sent this data to your cloud storage separately via Chat Backup).
- WhatsApp can't see the data you transfer.
What messages can I transfer to my new phone?
You can transfer:
- Personal messages
You can't transfer:
- Peer to peer payment messages
Can I transfer my call history?
Your WhatsApp call history can’t be transferred from an iPhone device to a Samsung device.