Can't migrate chat history from iPhone to a Samsung device
To transfer your WhatsApp chat history from iPhone to a Samsung Android, you must have the following:
- Samsung SmartSwitch app version 188.8.131.52 or greater installed on your new device
- WhatsApp iOS version 184.108.40.206 or greater on your old device
- WhatsApp Android version 220.127.116.11 or greater on your new device
- USB-C to Lightning cable (or equivalent adapters)
- Use the same phone number on the new device as the old device.
WhatsApp is already active, skipped or missed import option on my new device
You can only restore your WhatsApp history before you’ve activated WhatsApp on your new device. If you want to get back your old message history, you can:
- Delete WhatsApp on your Samsung.
- Re-register for WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Start a new transfer with SmartSwitch on your Samsung.
Note: It’s not possible to merge the new and old history.
My new device has a different phone number
It's not possible to transfer your WhatsApp data to a new phone number. You can, however, change your new phone number on your old device before moving to your new device.
Learn how to change your WhatsApp number on your old device in this article.
I can’t capture the QR code with the camera on my old device
You can access the transfer page on your iPhone by going to Settings > Chats > Move chats to Android and following the instructions.