About shopping on WhatsApp
WhatsApp has several different tools that make shopping on WhatsApp quick and easy for both businesses and their customers.
Note: Some of these features may not be avaialable to you yet.
There are a couple different ways that customers can connect with businesses on WhatsApp.
- Business profile: WhatsApp makes it easy for businesses to use their business profile to share important business information like their address, category, description, social media accounts, email, and website. To view a business’ profile, open a chat with the business and tap their business name at the top of the chat. You can easily share your favorite businesses with your friends and family. From the business profile, tap Forward and select the contacts you’d like to share it with.
- WhatsApp QR codes for businesses: You can easily connect with a business on WhatsApp by scanning their WhatsApp QR code. The WhatsApp camera can only scan official WhatsApp QR codes. Learn more about scanning a business’ QR code on Android or iPhone.
Explore products and services
Businesses on WhatsApp have the option to create a catalog to showcase their products and services to help customers find what they’re looking for.
- WhatsApp Catalog: Businesses can easily showcase and share their products and services with customers by creating a catalog. Every catalog item has a unique title along with optional fields including price, description, website link and product code. Learn more about viewing a business’ catalog here.
- Shops on WhatsApp: Shops on WhatsApp is a tool that allows business owners to create customized shopping experiences for their businesses and integrate them seamlessly across the Facebook family of apps. Through their shop, business owners can showcase the items they’re selling and connect with potential customers. Businesses with both a Facebook shop and an account on the WhatsApp Business app have the option to publish their shop on WhatsApp. They can also set up the Message button on their shop to allow customers to message them on WhatsApp from their shop. Learn more about messaging a business from their Facebook shop here.
- Shopping while chatting with a business: Some businesses choose to share lists containing a selection of items when chatting with customers. These lists allow customers to more easily find the products and services they’re looking for. Learn more about shopping using conversational commerce here.
Place an order
- Cart: As customers browse a business’ products and services, they can add items to a cart. Once they’ve added everything they’d like to purchase to their cart, they can send the cart to their chat with the business and discuss payment options. Learn more about placing an order using cart on Android or iPhone.