How to link your WhatsApp Business account to a Facebook Shop
Note: This feature may not be available to you yet.
Linking your WhatsApp Business account to your Facebook shop gives you the option to have customers who visit your shop send you a message through the WhatsApp Business app.
To link these accounts, you must:
- Have a phone number registered on the WhatsApp Business app.
- Note: Phone numbers registered to WhatsApp Messenger can’t be linked to a shop.
- Be an admin on your Facebook Business Manager account.
- Link your Facebook Page and Catalog in the same Business Manager account.
- Have Manage Page permissions for the Facebook Page and Manage Catalog permissions for the Catalog on Business Manager.
Link your WhatsApp Business account to your shop
To start, create a shop in the Facebook Commerce Manager. Learn more about this process in this article.
Then, add your WhatsApp Business number to your shop and set WhatsApp as the Primary Contact Method. You can also turn on WhatsApp as a sales channel to add your shop to your profile on the WhatsApp Business app. Detailed instructions on how to complete these steps can be found in this article.
Note: Turning on WhatsApp as a sales channel will replace your WhatsApp catalog with your Facebook shop. Learn how to revert from your shop to your WhatsApp catalog in this article.
Once these steps are completed, customers can explore the products and services featured in your shop without leaving WhatsApp, and directly message you on WhatsApp about items in your shop.