To send a voice message:
- Open an individual chat or group.
- Make sure you have the Message box selected.
- Press and hold the VOICE microphone button and start speaking to record your voice message.
- Release to stop recording. You can then:
- Press SEND to send the voice message.
- Press Delete to delete the voice message.
Note: You might have to wait a second before speaking if the beginning of your message isn't recorded.
To play a voice message:
- Select the voice message you want to listen to.
- Press PLAY.
- Hold the phone up to your ear to play the voice message through your phone's speakers. If headphones are plugged in, voice messages will play through your headphones.
On received voice messages you'll see:
- A green microphone on voice messages you haven't played.
- A blue microphone on voice messages you've played.
On sent voice messages you'll see:
- A green microphone on voice messages your recipients haven't played.
- A blue microphone on voice messages your recipients have played.
Note: The video below is only applicable to WhatsApp users that have a JioPhone or JioPhone 2.