You can organize and easily find your chats and messages with labels. You can create labels with different colors, and you can add labels to an entire chat or to certain messages within a chat.
Tap and hold a message or a chat > Tap Label > You can add an existing label or a new label.
Note: You can create up to 20 labels.
Finding labeled content
To find all content associated with a label:
- Go to your Chats screen > Menu Button > Labels > tap a label.
From your Chats screen, you can also tap on a contact's profile photo or group icon to see all labels associated with that chat.
To manage your labels, go to your Chats screen > Menu Button > Labels.
Here you can:
- Take actions over labeled items. Tap a label > Tap and hold an item > Choose an action on the top bar (for example, edit or delete the label).
- Edit a label. Tap the label > Menu Button > Edit label.
- Add a color. Tap the label > Menu Button > Choose color. If more than two color coded labels are applied to a chat, they'll be stacked one over the other. When stacked, color of only the most recent label will be displayed.
- Delete a label. Tap the label > Menu Button > Delete label.
- Create new broadcast. Tap the label > Menu Button > Message customers.
Creating a broadcast list from labels
You can create broadcast lists for select audiences from your labels.
To create a broadcast list from labels:
- Open WhatsApp Business app.
- Go to Menu Button > Labels.
- Select the Label you want to create a broadcast for.
- Go to Menu Button > Message customers.
- Tap the green check mark on the bottom right of the screen to draft your message.
The broadcast message will be individually sent to all the chats tagged with that label.
To learn more about Broadcast Lists, please read this article.