Creating a group
To create a group:
- Go to the Chats tab in WhatsApp.
- Select new group .
- Search for or select contacts to add to the group. Then tap the check icon .
- Type in a group subject. This will be the name of the group that all participants will see.
- The subject limit is 25 characters.
- You can add emoji to your subject by clicking the emoji icon.
- Optionally, add a group icon by tapping add photo, where you can take a photo , choose from albums or search web for an image. Once set, the icon will appear next to the group in the Chats tab.
- Tap create when you're finished.
Inviting into groups via links
If you're the group admin, you can invite people to join a group simply by sharing a link with them. To share a group invite link:
- Go to the group in WhatsApp, then tap the subject of the group.
- Alternatively, long press the group in the Chats tab. Then tap group info.
- Tap add participant (+) > invite to group via link.
- Choose to send link via WhatsApp, copy link or share link via another app.
- The admin can revoke link at any time to make the previous invite link invalid and create a new link.
Note: Any WhatsApp user you share an invite link with can join the group, so only use this feature with trusted individuals. It's possible for someone to forward the link to other people. If so, those other people can also join the group and the group admin won't be asked to approve those other people before they join.
Learn how to create and invite into groups on: Android | iPhone | Nokia S40 | WhatsApp Web