"Notifications Problem. There's an issue with your phone that prevents you from receiving notifications for new messages."
When WhatsApp displays the above error message, it usually indicates that there is a network issue that is preventing a connection to the Microsoft Push Notification Service. Rebooting your device can help you reconnect to the Push Notification Service.
If you still get the error, please check the following
- Go to Windows Phone Settings > system > battery saver (battery on Windows 10 Mobile). Turn the battery saver option [on] and [off], and then reboot your device (turn it off, wait 30 seconds and turn it on again).
- Check if WhatsApp is pinned to Start. If it is, unpin it, reboot your device and pin to Start again. That way, if you miss a notification, you can still see an unread message count on the live tile.
- Make sure your device is not on the edge or outside of a coverage area supported by your mobile carrier or your Wi-Fi network. The connection should be stable and reliable.
- If Wi-Fi is being used and cellular data is not available, your device must have a clear path to the Internet for push notifications to be received. Some corporate networks might block the connection.
- If roaming, please make sure to select roam under:
- Windows Phone 8.1 Settings > system > cellular+SIM > Data roaming options
- Windows 10 Mobile Settings > Network & wireless > Cellular+SIM > Data roaming options
Note: Roaming will normally result in additional charges from your mobile provider.
- Windows Phone 8.0 only: Open Windows Phone Settings > applications > background tasks > WhatsApp. Tap block and then select the box Turn background tasks back on for this app the next time I open it. Reboot your phone and open WhatsApp.
To troubleshoot a connection issue, see this article.
Additional possible solutions
- Unpin the Store app from Start.
- Erase Internet Explorer's history.
- Add a new language to the keyboard (Choose any language that requires a download; you can remove it later, after reinstalling WhatsApp).
- Restart your device (turn it off and then on again).
- After restarting, uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.