To send media over WhatsApp
- Open a chat with a contact or a group.
- Tap the paper clip icon.
- Select the type of media you wish to send:
- Camera enables you to take a photo or record a video.
- Album allows you to send an existing video or photo from your phone's Albums. You can tap on the icon at the bottom of the screen to select and send multiple photos. You can also add a caption to the media before sending it. (Windows Phone 8.1 and later.)
- Document allows you to send a document from your phone or OneDrive. It is only possible to send documents if you are on Windows Phone 8.1 or later. The maximum allowed file size is 100 MB.
- Contact allows you to send the information of a contact saved in your phone's address book over WhatsApp.
- Audio allows you to send pre-recorded audio files. (Windows Phone 8.1 and later.)
- Location allows you to send your current location. You can choose from nearby places or send your exact location.
Documents are saved in your phone automatically once they are received and downloaded via WhatsApp. They are located in the Pictures folder of your phone or SD card, depending on your phone's storage sense (settings > system > storage sense).
In order to access the documents, you need a file manager app. Navigate to your SD card or Phone > Pictures > WhatsApp.
Note: You need a PDF reader app installed on your phone to be able to view the PDF documents you send or receive.
To forward a message or media
- In a chat screen, long press the message or media you wish to forward. Note: media captions will not be forwarded.
- Tap forward and select the contact or group to whom you wish to forward the message or media.
- Tap yes on the confirmation screen.
Note: When you forward a media file, the file will not be uploaded again. This is done intentionally to lower data consumption.
Learn how to send media on: Android | iPhone | Nokia S40