The archive chat feature allows you to hide a chat or group from your chats list and access it later, if needed. Archiving a chat won't delete the chat.
To archive a chat
- Hover over the chat in your chats list, then click Menu .
- Click Archive chat. The chat is now archived and won't appear in your chats list.
To unarchive a chat
- Search for the contact name or group subject.
- Alternatively, click Menu above your chats list in WhatsApp > Archived.
- Hover over the chat or group you wish to unarchive, then click Menu > Unarchive chat.
Learn how to archive chats on: Android | iPhone | Windows Phone | Nokia S40