Creating a group
To create a group:
- Click Menu ( or ) above your chats list in WhatsApp.
- Alternatively, click the New chat icon.
- Click New group.
- Search for or select contacts to add to the group. Then click the green arrow.
- Type in a group subject. This will be the name of the group that all participants will see.
- The subject limit is 25 characters.
- You can add emoji to your subject by clicking the Emoji icon.
- Optionally, add a group icon by clicking ADD GROUP ICON , where you can choose to Take photo, Upload photo or do a Web Search for an image. Once set, the icon will appear next to the group in your chats list.
- Click the green check mark when you're finished.
Inviting into groups via links
If you're the group admin, you can invite people to join a group simply by sharing a link with them. To share a group invite link:
- Go to the group in WhatsApp.
- Click the subject of the group.
- Alternatively, click Menu ( or ) in the top right corner > Group info.
- Click Invite to Group via Link.
- Choose to Send Link via WhatsApp or Copy Link.
- The admin can Revoke Link at any time to make the previous invite link invalid and create a new link.
Note: Any WhatsApp user you share an invite link with can join the group, so only use this feature with trusted individuals. It's possible for someone to forward the link to other people. If so, those other people can also join the group and the group admin won't be asked to approve those other people before they join.
Learn how to create and invite into groups on: Android | iPhone | Windows Phone