The Archive Chat feature allows you to hide a conversation from your Chats screen and access it later, if needed. You can archive group or individual chats to better organize your conversations.
Note: Using Archive Chat does not delete the chat or back it up to your SD card.
To archive a chat
On phones with physical keyboards:
- In the Chats tab, highlight the chat you wish to hide.
- Select Options > Archive.
On phones with touch screens:
- In the Chats tab, long press on the chat you wish to hide.
- In the pop-up menu, select Archive.
The chat is now archived and will not appear on your Chats screen.
To unarchive a chat
For physical keyboard phones:
- In the Chats tab, type the name of the group or your contact.
- Highlight the chat that you wish to unarchive.
- Select Options > Unarchive.
For touch screen phones:
- In the Chats tab, type the name of the group or your contact in the search bar.
- Long press on the chat that you wish to unarchive.
- In the pop-up menu, select Unarchive.
Archived chats will also reappear when you receive a new message in that conversation.
Learn how to use Archive Chat on: Android | iPhone | Windows Phone | BlackBerry | Nokia S60 | BlackBerry 10
WhatsApp Support Team