WhatsApp allows you to personalize your photos and videos by adding emoji, text, freehanded drawings and filters.
Note: These features are only available on iPhone 5s or later and iOS 9 or later.
To edit photos and videos
- Tap Attach next to the text field.
- Take a new photo or video or choose an existing photo or video from your Camera Roll.
- Start editing your photo or video.
- Tap the Emoji at the top.
- Select an emoji.
- To move the emoji, tap and hold it, then drag it.
- To resize the emoji, pinch in or out to make it smaller or larger.
- To rotate the emoji, pinch and turn the emoji.
- Tap the "T" button at the top.
- Type the desired text in the text field.
- To select a color, slide your finger up and down the color selector on the right.
- To select a font type, slide your finger from the color selector on the right to the left. Lift your finger to confirm a font type.
- To resize the text, pinch in or out to make it smaller or larger.
- To rotate the text, pinch and turn the text.
- Tap Draw at the top.
- Use your finger to make freehanded drawings.
- To select a color, slide your finger up and down the color selector on the right. You can select the color for each line that you draw.
- Swipe up on the photo or video.
- Select a filter.
Discarding edits and sending
To discard emoji and text, drag them to the top of the screen towards the trash can and release. To delete drawings, tap the Undo button. Once you have finished editing your photos or videos, tap Send .