You can delete messages, individual chats, or your entire chat history by following these steps.
To delete one or more messages from a chat
- Open WhatsApp and go to the chat containing the message you wish to delete.
- Hold your finger on a message you wish to delete, then tap Delete.
- Tap the other messages if you wish to delete more than one, then tap the trash can icon.
To delete an individual chat
- Go to the Chats screen.
- Tap Edit in the top left corner.
- Tap the circle on the left of the chat you wish to delete then tap Delete.
Alternatively, you can swipe left on the chat in the Chats screen, tap More > Delete Chat.
To clear all chat history, but continue to participate in groups
- Go to WhatsApp > Settings > Chats.
- Tap Clear All Chats.
Note: Using Clear All Chats will not remove you from any groups.
Learn how to delete messages or chats on: Android | Windows Phone | Nokia S40 | BlackBerry | Nokia S60 | BlackBerry 10
WhatsApp Support Team